My business is doing just fine, I don’t need social media.
I’ve done social media before, but I just don’t feel like there was any return for my business.
Business is good, I’m not spending money on marketing right now.
Excuses. There are a lot of them when it comes to social media. But these days, if you want your business to grow, and you want to connect with new and returning customers online, there’s no better place than social media. Social media gives businesses the power to make customers friends. Since people buy from people and brands they like, being online is the perfect way to make these important connections and foster sales. Keeping this in mind, here are ten reasons your business needs to be on social media:
- Social media is where your customers are. From your niece to your grandmother, everyone is using social media in one way or another. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more have all become favourite pastimes. Being part of that environment lets you put your brand and product in a place where it can be shared and commented on, which leads to awareness, interest and sales!
- Social media levels the playing field. Social media allows everyone from big national brands to small local businesses have a voice online. You don’t have to buy expensive television commercials or print advertising to connect with your customers online. Being creative and consistent on social media lets you get in front of more people with less money.
- Social media is already helping your competition. You may not be online, but is your competition? If they are, they’re taking advantage of your market without competition from you. But it’s never too late to start!
- Social media is searchable. Customers are looking for your products and services. And these days, they’re not necessarily looking at your website. Many people head straight to platforms like Facebook to search for businesses and services they need.
- Social media content is shareable. The content you create for social media doesn’t exist in a vacuum. You customers can share it with their friends and networks, making for easy referrals!
- Social media gives you real-time feedback and interaction. Through content creation and sharing, you’ll learn what’s important to your customers. This helps build brand loyalty, and lets you create more of the content they like. It also allows customers to interact with your business in real time. Most people no longer want to pick up the phone to ask a question, but they’re more than happy to message your Facebook or Instagram business page to get the info they’re looking for. If they can’t find you, or you don’t answer, they’ll go somewhere else.
- Social media is measurable. Analytics are an important part of social media. You can tell exactly how many people you’re interacting with at anytime. You can determine which actions, sales and reactions are leading to increased sales!
- Social media lives forever and is cost effective. Videos, photos, updates stay online and in Google results for a very long time! Unlinke TV ads and billboards that are taken down once they’re done, social media content stays online, working for you, for a long time.
- Social media is one click away from the buy button. If you’re consuming traditional advertising, you can’t just “buy now”. You have to go somewhere else. Properly set up and executed, consumers should never be more than one click away from the opportunity to buy, or at least learn more about your product or service, on social media.
- Social media involves selling. Social media is a way to sell more products and services and interact with your customers.